You can view my download Curriculum Vitae by clicking the link above. Select highlights are provided below.
- PhD Mathematics, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. August 2018
- Certificate in College Teaching, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. December 2017
- Certificate in Online Teaching, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. Decemeber 2017
- MS Mathematics, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA. May 2015
- M.S. Mathematical Sciences, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, KY. May 2013
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY. May 2011
- B.A. English, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY. May 2011
- Commutative Ring Theory
- Mathematics Education
The Ohio State University
- Intersections of Mathematics and Society: Hidden Figures, Spring 2020. (Course Designer and Instructor of Record)
- Abstract Algebra 1, 2. Fall 2019, Spring 2020. (Recitation Leader for PhD qualifying algebra sequence)
- Calculus 1. Spring 2019. (Instructor of Record)
- Calculus 1: Flipped and Flexible. Autumn 2019, Spring 2019. (Recitation Leader)
University of Iowa
- Trigonometry. Spring 2017. (Instructor of Record)
- Basic Algebra. Fall 2016. (Instructor of Record)
- Math for Business. Spring 2016. (Head TA)
- Calculus and Matrix Algebra for Business. Fall 2015. (Head TA)
Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- Developmental Math. Spring 2013, Summer 2013. (Adjunct Faculty)
Eastern Kentucky University
- Developmental Algebra. Spring 2013. (Instructor of Record)
- Developmental Algebra. Fall 2011, Fall 2012. (TA)
- College Algebra. Fall 2011, Spring 2012. (TA)
The Academy for Scholastic and Personal Success
- Algebra 2, Geometry, Physics. June, July 2016. (Instructor)
- Trigonometry, Algebra 1, Physics. June, July 2015. (Instructor)
SELECTED AWARDS AND HONORS
- Project NExT peach '18 dot, Mathematical Association of America, 2018 to present
- 2017 TAR Research Fellow, CIRTL at University of Iowa.
- 2016-2017 Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, University of Iowa Council on Teaching.
- 2016-2017 Graduate Teaching Fellowship, University of Iowa Center for Teaching.
- Dean's Graduate Research Fellowship, University of Iowa 2013-2014; 2017-2018.
- GAAN Fellowship, 2014-2015.
- EDGE Program, New College, Summer 2013.
- "Let's Break it Down: Atoms in Commutative Rings"
- WimSoCal 2020, UC Irvine, Irvine, CA, March 8, 2020
- "On Flavors of Factorization in Commutative Rings with Zero Divisors"
- AMS Invited Paper Session on Commutative Algebra, MAA MathFest, Cincinnati, OH, August 3, 2019
- "Factorization in Polynomial Rings with Zero Divisors"
- 7th Midwest Women in Mathematics Symposium, April 13, 2019
- "Amicable Pairs: Real and Imaginary Friendly Numbers"
- Bates College, Lewiston, ME, March 8, 2019
- "Unique Factorization in Polynomial Rings with Zero Divisors"
- AMS Fall Central Sectional Meeting: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, October 2018.
- "Atoms in Mathematics: A Brief Introduction to Factorization Theory.”
- Colloquium Reed College, Portland, OR, April 2018.
- “Factorization in Polynomial Rings with Zero Divisors"
- Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Diego, CA, January 2018.
- "A Partially Flipped Model for a College Trigonometry Course."
- MAA MathFest, Chicago, IL, July 2017.
- CIRTL at UIOWA Tar Capstone Presentation, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, June 2017
- "Enhancing a Partially Flipped Model with Inquiry Based Learning."
- Constructing the Future of IBL, Chicago, IL, July 2017.
- "Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in the College Classroom."
- Center for Teaching Spring Workshop. University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, March 2017.